I have favorite things though I loathe looking up the trademarks in order to put them in my books. I will, on occasion succumb. Recently, it was Post-it notes (3M, for the record). However, those things I favor most aren't necessarily bound for a book.
We've established I'm a list maker. Here is another example using my favorite things:
1. The male diagonal oblique
2. Creamy, rich coffee (the brand at my office. Proprietary I think)
3. Charts/plans/calendars (I'm drooling right now and so turned on)
4. Red toe nail polish (any brand as long as it's deep red)
5. An antique plain gold and bloodstone signet ring I wear daily
6. "Nude" lipgloss (Bare Essentials) although Cover Girl, Crest lipgloss in nude is a close second.
7. Charcoal eyeliner, Maybelline (clearly I'm not a makeup purist)
8. Meeting die-hard fans (I'm horrifyingly grateful)
9. Real Shortbread cookies, not the crap the Girl Scouts sell (Lorna Doone is great)
10. Chocolate Mousse (the French who have it mastered)
11. A good, slow kiss by a man who can weaken my knees (preferably owner of #1)
12. Diet Caffeine free Coke
13. My Iomega portable hard drive.
14. Windows Live email system
15. Hell, the Windows Calendar program too (more drool)
16. Indomie Ramen noodles found only in the Asian market
17. Q-tips. I don't understand nasty ears. Clean them, people.
18. Oil of Olay 7-1 face cream with "touch of sun". I'm pasty. Shush.
19. Gain laundry detergent. Smells like heaven in original scent.
20. Valerie's Uncommon Scents (dotcom), maker and co-creator of "Mia" and "Mia Afterdark" which I wear daily.
What are yours?