However, last year was terribly productive despite the fact that I didn't write nearly as much as I intended to. I still managed to put 13 books into publication (That number actually surprises me, since I thought I did far fewer). I divorced the slob that made it his job to make me feel like feces (see, I can keep it clean sometimes). I moved away from a toxic environment to a
This year, I have plans. I refuse to call the resolutions because those always manage to backfire. I plan:
1. To write at least 14 books before August. I have 16 planned at the moment, but not all of them are set in stone.
2. To bathe every day and brush my teeth (this I KNOW I can do, since I already do this. I have great teeth. I'm just sayin'. Also, if you litter your "plans" with things you already accomplish, it's an extra check mark of awesome you get to look at later. "See? I brushed my teeth and showered this year! Yay me!")
3. To not commit manslaughter against my ex, no matter how much he continually deserves it (A challenge, yes, but I shall press onward to my sainthood).
4. Hug and kiss and tell my nieces every single day how much I love them (again, free check mark. Go me!)
5. Look outside my little bubble and find a way to help my community.
6. Make money that pirates don't steal from me. I mean really, I can hardly make less than I make now even with the shady side of 30 books out there. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to know people would rather cheat me and mine out of heat in the winter or groceries in the fridge than to pay for a book out of their excess income (I fucking hate pirates!)
7. To meet my writing goals (this is sneaky because it plays right into number one. If I hit number one, then this become another of those bonus check marks. I'm a thinker.)
8. I'm gonna learn to love me a little more. For all the jokes and jibes directed at my faux inflated ego, I have a hard time with this one. Hence the joking.
9. Nope. Got nuthin. I think I'm done.
Anyway, for all you daredevils that still make resolutions, best of luck to ya. I'm gonna skip and whistle my way through this year. Happy New Year, folks!